- This event has passed.
Young Women & Gangs Course Outline
16th January 2017 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm GMTFree
This course will focus on the experiences of young women and girls who are gang associated and gang-involved, and/or who are vulnerable to gang association and gang involvement. The course will include sexual abuse, rape, grooming and harassment, signs and indicators, the notion of normalisation of abusive behaviour. The course will support practitioners to respond to young women and girls at risk of and/or victims of gang association and involvement.
- Identify gang association and gang involvement from a gendered perspective
- Review data and analysis of gang association and gang involvement from a gendered perspective.
- Identify signs and indicators specifically covering sexual abuse, rape, grooming and harassment.
- Identify support frameworks particular to gang association and gang involvement.
- Understand the issues around girls and gangs, including grooming, initiation and sexual exploitation
- Be able to identify and describe vulnerability factors and risk indicators for young women who are gang affected
- Be able to provide a confident and robust response to disclosures
- Have a working knowledge of processes, resources and services to support young people in the borough.