- This event has passed.
Multi Agency Safeguarding Leads Training
17th January 2017 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm GMTFree
The course will consider legislation and practice guidance to develop confidence to work in partnership with other agencies and professionals to support children and their families involved in child protection issues.
- Understand the assessment process for providing early help and intervention, for example through locally agreed common and shared assessment processes such as early help assessments
- Have a working knowledge of how local authorities conduct a child protection case conference and a child protection review conference and be able to attend and contribute to these effectively when required to do so.
- To revise knowledge concerning abuse, childcare legislation and information sharing
- To ensure commitment to putting children and their rights at the heart of the safeguarding process
- To increase knowledge of up to date local information regarding safeguarding and protection of children in Newham and implications for service
- To increase confidence in supporting staff who are working with children and their families
- To increase understanding in the use of reflective practice
- To increase knowledge of LSCB procedures and the interface with agency procedures
- To increase confidence in interagency working as a designated person.