- This event has passed.
The Impact of Domestic Violence on Children and Young People
13th March 2017 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm GMTFree
This course will look at the impact domestic violence has on women and children and to discuss the different forms of abusive behaviour and how this affects a child’s health and well being.
By the end of the course participants will:
- A good understanding the nature of relationships which are characterised by violence
- The impact of witnessing violence on children and their development
- The safeguarding role of parents and families
- To explore why women stay in or return to an abusive relationship.
- Introduction to effective interventions and services
- To understand basic domestic violence risk assessment and the importance of safety planning.
- To consider what services are available in Newham, i.e. Specialist DV Court, Multi-Agency Risk Assessment (MARAC), Perpetrator Programmes,
- Specialist DV Voluntary Sector Services and know how to refer to these services.
For staff who have regular contact or have a period of intense but irregular contact with children, young people and/or parents/carers. Participants must have completed a basic/introduction domestic violence course to be able to attend this course.