- This event has passed.
**CANCELLED** RADICALISASTION AWARENESS WORKSHOP p.m
February 19 @ 2:00 pm - 4:30 pmFree
Radicalisation Awareness Training – Workshop to Raise Awareness of Prevent
Suitable for: Front-line staff working in adults and children’s social care, Enforcement, Police, Community Neighbourhoods, housing officers, private, voluntary and independent sector providers and health staff from ELFT and CCG.
Course aims: To gain an understanding of Prevent and to increase knowledge on this area for staff who work with members of the public
Learning Outcomes: Participants will be able to:
- Have an understanding of the Prevent Duty and processes and pathways
- Explore how exposure to extremism is a safeguarding matter and the different levels of emotional harm
- Consider how to identify exposure to extremism
- Gain an awareness of how to engage effectively with adults, Children and Young People exposed to extremism
- Consider how to work effectively to reduce risk and strengthen resilience
- Exploring range of solutions and interventions to reduce possibility or impact of exposure to extremism
- Understand what extremism and radicalisation are and why it is important to discuss and address these
- Know the main elements of the Prevent strand of the government’s CONTEST strategy;
- Better understand what makes people vulnerable to radicalisation; and
- Know your responsibilities and recognise indicators that radicalisation might be taking place.
- Course duration: 2 ½ hours
One person is attending **CANCELLED** RADICALISASTION AWARENESS WORKSHOP p.m