- This event has passed.
Protecting Children & Young People Online
October 16 @ 10:30 am - 1:30 pm BSTFree
This is one day intense course which provides an overview into how children and young people access new information technologies, what the safety issues are and how we as professionals can help parents and young people to keep safe.
Participants will gain an awareness of social media and new technological advances that children and young people are able to access.
Training Level: 2/3 Learning Outcomes:
- To provide detailed and in-depth understanding of specific safeguarding and child protection issues relating to how children are growing up online and some of the risks and challenges this creates.
- To explore some of the latest thinking and strategies for addressing these risks and supporting and safeguarding children.
Exploration of Offender behaviour and professional responses
Exploration of Children and young people and professional responses .
This course should enhance skills and knowledge in the following areas;
- How sex offenders think and operate online and the techniques they use, as well as how they select vulnerable victims.
- The complexities that the online environment creates, the particular vulnerabilities of victims.
- Up to date learning about safe and effective intervention to apply to their practice.
- How to intervene in children’s wider social lives to support them through some of the negative influences of social media, for example risks relating to mental health and low self-esteem, addiction, pornography, and bullying.
- How to offer sensible, ethical and balanced guidance on how to navigate the above pressures.
The course will be interactive and will enable participants to reflect on and develop their practice in relation to supporting vulnerable young people and their families with online safeguarding challenges.
This course will be delivered by Helen King