- This event has passed.
Early Help Framework & Team Around the Family
February 10 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pmFree
There are 75,000 children and young people in Newham – more than a third of our residents are under 18 – and we want each of them to have the best possible start in life. We have a strong universal service in Newham – our schools, children’s centres and health services – but some of our children and young people need extra support and a few need a lot of help. When families cannot cope by themselves, we have a duty to help. The role of Triage is to make decisions about level of need based on all the available information. The Early Help Framework in Newham encourages a consistent and systematic approach to effective early help for families that will secure better outcomes for children and young people.
Training Level: 2
By the end of the session, participants will be:
- Become familiar with Newham’s online portal, to make a request for support or report concerns for a child’s safety
- Understand the Triage process – what happens to your request once it gets to Triage
- Become aware of Triage thresholds
- Understand the Early Help values and principles alongside the use of an Early Help Record in the Step Down Process
- Identify strengths and needs of children, young people and families and agree an action plan through applying a case study
3 people are attending Early Help Framework & Team Around the Family