- This event has passed.
Domestic Violence: A Child Protection Issue
9th March 2017 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm GMT
During the session participants will explore the definition of domestic violence, its impact on survivors and identify models of good practice in working with children and families where domestic violence is or has been an issue.
• Describe the government definition of domestic violence and explain the link between domestic violence and child abuse;
• Describe the different behaviours that constitute domestic violence;
• Identify regional and local procedures and guidance in relation to domestic violence and child protection;
• Plan how to use tools to help determine threshold of concern
• Describe strategies for protecting children where there is domestic violence.
For all staff who have regular contact or have a period of intense but irregular contact with children, young people and/or parents/carers and those with no previous training on domestic violence. This is an introduction course and will give participants