- This event has passed.
cancelled Creating Safer Organisations
20th May 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm BSTFree
The course will inform and ensure that practitioners, volunteers and managers understand safer recruitment procedures and are able to consider organisational safeguarding from a wider perspective.
Training Level: 3
By the end of the 2 hour workshop the learners should be able to:
- Increase their awareness of child protection cases that have influenced current policy and procedures around staff recruitment
- Consider policies and practices that minimise opportunities for abuse or ensure its prompt reporting/safer recruitment procedures;
- Understand the role of the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
- Consider safeguarding in an organisational context
- Be able to approach safeguarding audits using a ‘Safer Workforce Cycle’ model.