- This event has passed.
** Cancelled ** Creating a Safer Organisation
September 25 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pmFree
The course will inform and ensure that practitioners, volunteers and managers understand safer recruitment procedures, identify warning signs that may indicate harmful behaviour and manage allegations against practitioners in accordance with local and national procedures.
Training Level: 2
By the end of the course the learners should be able to:
- Gain an understanding of the risk posed to children from practitioners
- Be aware of recent legislation and know what to do if you have a concern about another practitioner
- Be aware of Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) responsibility;
- Know what to do when an allegation is made
- Gain an awareness of the support and interventions available for the practitioner who has the allegation made against them
- Increase their awareness of child protection cases that have influenced current policy and procedures around staff recruitment
- Consider policies and practices that minimise opportunities for abuse or ensure its prompt reporting/safer recruitment procedures;
- Understand the role of the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)