- This event has passed.
**CANCELLED** Complex & Contextual Safeguarding – Introduction & Tools
8th March 2021 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm GMTFree
Newham Children’s Social Care designed a model approach for assessment and planning for children who have complex safeguarding needs as a result of Exploitation.
This half day workshop will provide participants with an understanding of contextual safeguarding and the tools used in Newham to assess the risk of criminal and sexual exploitation for children and young people who go missing, and the approaches used to intervene to increase their safety and reduce the risk of future harm.
As a result of the training, you will:
- Gain an overview of the contextual safeguarding approach in Newham
- Have an overview of the Exploitation Screening Tool which is used to identify children
- who are being exploited/are at risk of exploitation.
- An overview of the Exploitation Team around the Child (ETAC) approach which is a
- multi-agency approach to assess, plan and disrupt exploitation activity.
- An overview of the Trigger Plan for children who go missing from home or care.
- An overview of the Missing from Home/Care procedures
All training handouts and PowerPoint presentation
and relevant material used will be provided electronically