- This event has passed.
Complex Safeguarding- Risk & Strengths linked to faith & belief
June 30 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm BSTFree
This course aims to enhance practitioner’s knowledge of the complexities of safeguarding children and families when faith and belief are possible factors. Explore the risks but also highlight strengthens within this arena for some children and families.
Training Level: 2
By the end of the 1 day course participants will :
- Understand how cultural/faith values and beliefs: witchcraft, spirit possession,
- child brides and (dis)honour related abuse – may play a role within some families.
- Exploration of beliefs with families in order to understand the level of risk if any
- Considering how cultural and religious values and beliefs can be utilised as potential
- Awareness of how child abuse may be perceived by different diverse communities
- within the context of cultural and faith values.
- Awareness of legislation pertaining to equality, discrimination and understanding
- of anti-discriminatory practice within the context of safeguarding children.
- Reflect critically on how personal values of practitioners could impact in professional
- judgements and decision making.
All training handouts and PowerPoint presentation and relevant material used will be provided electronically
16 people are attending Complex Safeguarding- Risk & Strengths linked to faith & belief