- This event has passed.
*cancelled*Understanding Adolescent Mental Health: Implications for Practice and Improving Wellbeing
March 15 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm GMTFree
Understanding Adolescent Mental Health: Implications for practice and improving emotional well being
Duration: One day course
Aims: This course will address the increasing rate of emotional distress and mental ill health among adolescents .The focus will be to increase knowledge of the risk factors which contribute to emotional disorders, associated behaviours and effects on psychological, social and cognitive developments. Finally, identifying strategies to improve the emotional well being of young people .
KSS Practitioner Indicators: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,10
- Understanding the prevalence of adolescent mental illness and the different clinical and social presentations of emotional distress among young people
- Exploring current research to identify antecedent factors and early significant traumas which contribute to adolescent mental distress and self harm.
- Exploring the impact of domestic violence, parental mental illness and substance misuse and role of carers on the emotional wellbeing of adolescents.
- Examining the role of gender, culture and sexual identity in the development of adolescent mental distress among vulnerable young people .
- Exploring the experiences of young people from BME communities identifying specific social and cultural experiences
- Examining different models for holistic assessment and strategies for intervening to improve young people’s mental well being and reducing risk of harm
20 people are attending *cancelled*Understanding Adolescent Mental Health: Implications for Practice and Improving Wellbeing