- This event has passed.
Child Neglect: An Introduction
January 29 @ 1:30 pm - 4:30 pmFree
Background: Neglect is the most common form of maltreatment suffered by children in the UK (NSPCC, 2014). The impact of neglect on children cannot be overestimated. Neglect causes great distress and harm to children and leads to poor health, educational and social outcomes in the short and long-term. In some cases, neglect will be a causal or contributory factor in childhood deaths.
Training Level: 2
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Know how to recognise the key indicators of child neglect
- Know how to respond to neglect using the Newham early help and statutory pathways
- Understand the impact of neglect on children’s development
- Know how to recognise barriers to progress and when to step-up cases
- Have a brief introduction to the Graded Care Profile Tool
Materials from the LSCB Strategy to Tackle Neglect 2017/19
3 people are attending Child Neglect: An Introduction