- This event has passed.
Complex Safeguarding – Understanding the Impact of Trauma
15th February 2019 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm GMTFree
Children and young people can experience trauma early in life (for example, abuse and neglect) and may be exposed to subsequent traumas as they grow (for example, exploitation).
Front line professionals need to be able to recognise the signs and symptoms of trauma and find out how to best approach working with traumatised children and young people
Training Level 2/3
This course is targeted particularly at frontline staff from
CSC, Health, Education and Police partners
At the end of the session, participants will have learnt:
- To identify trauma and survival responses
- How symptoms are perpetuated
- How trauma genic dynamics can have a lasting impact
- Implications for interventions, ABE and pre/post-trial work
- Skills for trauma-informed practice
- How to seek support and avoid vicarious trauma