- This event has passed.
Messages from Child Deaths & Serious Case Reviews
27th June 2018 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm BSTFree
‘The death of a child is a tragedy. It is vital that all child deaths are carefully reviewed. This is so that we may learn as much as possible from them, in order to better support families and to try to prevent future deaths ’ (The Lullaby Trust 2016)
Training Level: 2 Learning Outcomes:
By the end of the session participants will:
- Have increased knowledge around Health and Safety and keeping children safe.
- Be aware of the numbers of child deaths in Newham and have an understanding of current trends identified.
- Have an understanding of the Child Death Review Process, the role of the CDOP, the role of staff involved with a child death and its value to Public Health and Improving Child Safety through Prevention
- Understand the difference between Serious Case Reviews and the child death overview process
- Have an improved understanding of risks and the possible pitfalls in multi- agency working to protecting children and young people
- Explore the lessons learned from SCR’s and local Learning reviews to reflect upon what they mean for their agency and their own practice
Power-point Presentation, Case Studies / Hand outs
10 people are attending Messages from Child Deaths & Serious Case Reviews