- This event has passed.
Introduction into Sexual Abuse
15th January 2018 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm GMTFree
To enhance knowledge of sexual abuse; how to recognize signs, the impact, how to support a child who has been sexually abused and what to do when a child has made this disclosure.
Training Level: 2
By the end of the course participants will learn:
- To understand thresholds and processes when a child has disclosed or if there are other manifestation of sexual abuse
- To consider the nature and impact of sexual abuse upon children and their families
- To understand the long-term impact of sexual abuse
- To be aware of developmental perspectives and children’s communication about experience of sexual abuse
- To promote a multi-agency approach to working with and providing services for children who have been abused.
- To provide introductory information on sex offender behaviour
- To Consider role of meaningful relationship in increasing a child’s strengths and resilience
- To discuss the impact of this area of work on staff role of supervision and supporting professionals
- Training Materials:All training hand-outs and PowerPoint presentation and relevant material used will be provided electronically
20 people are attending Introduction into Sexual Abuse