- This event has passed.
The Impact of Parental Mental Health Difficulties on Children and Young People
14th February 2017 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm GMTFree
The aim of this course is to raise participants’ awareness of the impact upon dependent children of parental mental illness and to develop their knowledge of good practice in this area of work.
By the end of the course participants should be able to:
• Have an increased awareness of the range of parental mental health problems.
• Have an increased awareness of local mental health services
• Understand specific risks to children resulting from parental mental illness
• Identify key aspects of mental illness and understand how these may impact on parenting capacity.
• Engage effectively in multi-agency assessments and interventions where there are concerns relating to the impact upon a child of parental mental illness.