- This event has passed.
Extremism: Understanding the Impact on Young People
November 5 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm GMTFree
Building professional confidence in effectively addressing the exposure to extremism within context of safeguarding
Training Level: 3
Prevent and Radicalisation – A 3 hour training programme delivered by Ross Paton and Ghaffar Hussain
- The Local and National CT Threat picture
- The Prevent Duty and its implications for local authorities
- What is Extremism?
- What does radicalisation look like?
- Interventions for young people who are under the influence of extremist ideologies
- Building protective factors through the education system
- The Channel programme
- Case Studies
- Summary and conclusion
All training handouts and PowerPoint presentation and relevant material used will be provided electronically
8 people are attending Extremism: Understanding the Impact on Young People