- This event has passed.
Child Sexual Abuse
17th October 2019 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm BSTFree
To enhance knowledge of sexual abuse; how to recognize signs and the impact on children and young people. How to support a child who has been sexually abused and what to do when a child has made a disclosure.
Training Level: 2
By the end of the course participants will :
- Know how to recognise the signs and symptoms of child sexual abuse
- Understand the nature and impact of sexual abuse on children’s health and wellbeing during childhood and beyond
- Be aware of developmental perspectives and the communication methods children may use and understand the barriers and reasons why children may not disclose sexual abuse
- Be confident to report and refer cases of alleged and/or suspected child sexual abuse in accordance with the London Child Protection Procedures
- Be familiar with the child protection investigation process and their role in this
- Gain strategies for working with children and their carers in cases that have been stepped down on completing of a child protection investigation
- Consider the role of meaningful relationships in increasing a child’s strengths and resilience
- Have information on local services and resources that can support children and their families
All training hand outs and PowerPoint presentation and relevant material used will be provided electronically
9 people are attending Child Sexual Abuse