- This event has passed.
Children Missing from Education
17th November 2016 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm GMTFree
All children deserve the opportunity to achieve their potential. If a child misses out on school, they’re missing out on life. It’s our legal duty to ensure every child in Newham receives an education. This does not refer to children who may be playing truant from school, but children who are missing an education altogether. Perhaps a child has failed to start in a new school or simply not registered at a new school when they move into the area.
We all need to make sure that these children are identified quickly and provided with a suitable education.
Children missing from education are at greater risk of:
• Physical harm and exploitation
• Substance abuse
• Anti-social behaviour
• Illegal employment
• By the end of the course participants will:
• Have an insight into the Children Missing from Education (CME) guidance
• Be aware of the processes of reporting a child missing from education
• Have a greater understanding of the impact on children and young people, primarily safeguarding concerns
For all professionals who have any contact with families and children that are of school age.
One person is attending Children Missing from Education